Issuers of SMART Health Cards
The following organizations are issuers of SMART Health Cards. Please see each one’s documentation for more information.
A SMART Health Card stores healthcare information and other vital medical data. SMART Health Cards provide a platform to improve privacy and security of patient information, make medical records portable, and reduce healthcare fraud.
SMART Health Card issuers play a critical role in the vaccination verification ecosystem, and the VCI coalition values the importance of their work and publishes the VCI Directory to help ensure that there’s a trusted list of organizations associated with SMART Health Card issuance.
The types of issuers permitted in VCI Directory are limited to the following:
- Clinical health systems and hospitals providing patient care
- National and regional pharmacy chains
- National and regional laboratory diagnostics providers
- National and regional health insurance payors
- Government and governmental agencies
Public Health Issuers
U.S. States and Territories
* Not currently issuing new SMART Health Cards